- The Lumion team and other Lumion users
- Lumion version
- All versions
Example of a free chair model from the BoConcept website - after importing it in Lumion via .DWG format and assigning a couple of materials to it.
Please note: Act-3D B.V. does not imply any warranty or recommendation of the following assets.
1. Large free model libraries
- Trimble 3DWarehouse: Available in SketchUp (.SKP) file format which can be imported directly in Lumion.
- BIMobject: A repository of real products. Available in a variety of file formats.
- CADdetails: Thousands of 2D CAD Drawings, 3D BIM Models and product specifications.
- pCon.box: Reasonably large collection of manufacturing models.
2. Free furniture models directly from the manufacturers
- Republic of Fritz Hansen: High-quality models that can be imported in Lumion via .DWG format.
- VITRA: High-quality models that can be imported in Lumion via .DWG format.
- BoConcept: High-quality models that can be imported in Lumion via .DWG format.
- Walter Knoll: High-quality models that can be imported in Lumion via .DWG format.
- HOWE: High-quality models that can be imported in Lumion via .DWG format.
- Rolf Benz: High-quality models that can be imported in Lumion via .DWG format.
- Muuto: High-quality models that can be imported in Lumion via .DWG format.
- Herman Miller: Medium-quality models that can be imported in Lumion via .SKP format.
- Kohler: Medium-quality models that can be imported in Lumion via .SKP format.
- B&B Italia: High-quality models that can be imported in Lumion via .OBJ format. Set the scale to 0.01.
3. Other free models
- Dimensiva: .MAX models, some are free for commercial use.
- Viz-People: Selection of kitchen appliances, cars, trees, chairs. Also 2D cut-outs.
- xoio: Some nice free models and sets, generally for 3ds Max but sometimes with .OBJ export Lumion can import.
- Landscapeforms: Site furniture including outdoor benches as manufacturer models in .SKP format.
- Designconnected: Some free high-quality furniture models.
- MegaScans: A small collection of nature objects.
- CGRiver: Not for commercial use as try before buy (see topic: Free stuff from CGRiver).
- Moravac Milos: SketchUp and AutoCAD resources.
- Polantis: 1 free download of real-world products per day.
- Blender Boom: Free high-quality interior design models.
- BlenderFab: A variety of free and subscription-based models and materials.
- Ramiz Vardar: High-quality lamps and interior design models.
- SketchUp Texture: Amazing free SketchUp models and full scenes.
- 3D Nik Models: Large Collection of commercial and free models and some full Lumion scenes (search for 'lumion').
- CGIHaven: A variety of free models released as CC0 (public domain and copyright-free).
4. Commercial models
- TurboSquid: Huge range of exterior and interior models.
- CG Trader: Huge range of exterior and interior models.
- Evermotion: Huge range of exterior and interior models.
- Designconnected: High-quality furniture/interior design models based on real-world products.
- CGRiver: Reseller for R&D Group and Evermotion models.
- FormFonts: Thousands of 3D models and textures.
- VIZPARK: 3D models and textures etc. 3ds Max focus.
- CGIFans.com: Thousands of 3D models.
- XFrog: Plant library only.
- Flying Architecture: A range of buildings, 3D People, interiors and materials.
- Digimation: 16,500 models (vehicles, architectural landmarks, aircraft, 3D geography etc).
- Angelo Ferretti at Gumroad:: 56 interior models, scenes, or collections. Made for 3ds Max and Corona.
5. Static 3D people
Note that only static (non-animated) people and animals can be imported to Lumion.
- Axyz Design Ready-Posed 3D People
- 3D People
- Human Alloy 3D People
- TurboSquid 3D People
- HDRI-Hub 3D People
- Flying Architecture 3D People
- Make Human
6. 2D people
There are a large number of places for these. Generally, you get the photo image file and then need to make the model in your CAD software to import a plane textured with the photo:
- Knowledge Base: How do you import 2D cut-outs of people?
7. Trees and plants
8. Imported Models In Lumion
- Manish Lohia: Lumion Scenes & Library: Pre-made Scenes of bedrooms, interiors, exteriors, some models are imported from other sources, Effects stacks. See also his topics on the sets in Finished Projects etc.