Other things Lumion render version

Asbjorn

Hi
I would love an option to buy just extra render versions of Lumion, such that we can have several machines rendering while working on the main license with Lumion. The render version could work such that you can only open an project and run the render, nothing more. I think something like this was proposed first time I used Lumion, which is now around 8 years ago.
Why isn't this an option? Should been a one day work to make something like that? Or are you forcing us to buy several full versions of Lumion instead?

Peter

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Asbjorn

Thanks for the suggestion.

I can't answer some of those questions because they relate to decisions I have no knowledge about.

The current options are to purchase the Lumion product which acts as a half-cost render (and Project editor) license. See our article:
To be sure that the right people read your suggestion, I'd be grateful if you could please use the Lumion product feedback form on the home page to submit your idea.

Thanks!

1592215581516.png

Asbjorn

It says on the buy screen that standard version has limited render effects
However, on the link you posted, it says the movie will be the same. Will all the effects objects and so on, work on the standard version if I load up a pro project?

Peter

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Asbjorn

1600202155623.png

That's true when only using the Lumion product to create a Project then render.

Our Knowledge Base article is correct. The developers specifically allowed for the Lumion product to render a Project made with Lumion Pro.

Does that help clarify things for you?

Asbjorn

How about a Model across different Lumion versions? Like 10 standard vs 10.5 pro? I guess when L11 comes out there will be major difference in effects so I assume that makes a L10 obsolete

Morten

Administrator
Staff member
It's not a problem to open (and render) an .LS10 Project file from Lumion 10.0 (Standard) in Lumion 10.5 Pro.

However, there is no information about Lumion 11.0 yet so I can't comment on compatibility.

However, all previous versions of Lumion were 'forward'-compatible so that you could open a model from the older version in the newer version - and that has also been the case for .LS Project files made in Lumion (Standard) that were opened in Lumion Pro for at least 4 or 5 years in a row.

In some cases, materials or Effects had indeed changed a little in the newer versions and minor adjustments might have been required here and there.